Polishing is the simplest method of stain removal.In this painless procedure,your dentist applies paste to the surfaces of your teeth using a rotating instrument. Micro abrasion is a more advanced form of polishing that can be used for deeper stains.
IS POLISHING RIGHT FOR ME?
Polishing can eliminate many minor surface stains;however,excessive or intrinsic stains stains may require more aggressive treatment such as microabrasion.polishing may be best option if you:
- Have only slight surface staining
- Want a natural look rather than a very bright white smile
- Want to invest a minimum amount of time and money
DOES BLEACHING WORK?
Bleaching,which uses a strong oxidizing agent to lighten the teeth,is a relatively conservative and often highly effective way to brighten your smile.Your dentist may recommend in-office or home bleaching or a combination of both,depending on the nature and severity of your stains.
IS BLEACHING RIGHT FOR ME?
Bleaching is frequently used to treat mild to moderate surface and intrinsic stains but may not completely eliminate darker stains.Bleaching may be the best option if you:
- Have mild to moderate tetracycline,fluoride, or trauma related staining
- Are happy with the shape and proportion of your teeth
- Prefer a more conservative,non invasive approach
WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT BLEACHING:
- Teeth with yellow stains are the easiest to lighten
- If you bleach only your upper teeth first,you can monitor your progress by comparing the lightened upper teeth to the stained lower teeth
- If you have both crowns and natural teeth that you want lightened,be sure to bleach the teeth first.Your dentist then can match a new crown to your lighter natural teeth.
- Bleaching may cause some discomfort in children;it's often better to postpone bleaching until they're older
- Don't ask for local anesthetic during bleaching.Its important to be aware of any sensitivity during the procedure of bleaching.
- Siri Dental Hospital offers all dental services. Visit us as www.Siridentalhospital.com