Hyperacidity is also called Acid Dyspepsia, which is one of the most common problem. Hyperacidity is a medical condition in which the stomach secretes a lot of acids.
Causes of Hyperacidity:
- Medications: Hyperacidity can be caused due to prolonged intake of various medications. Some anti-inflammatory drugs, when taken for a long period of time can develop chances of hyperacidity.
- Alcohol: Drinking alcohol can not only damage your liver, but also can give invitation to hyperacidity problem.
- Smoking : Heavy smoking is considered to be the other most important cause of hyper acidity.
- Eating habits: The way you eat and what you eat are some of the important factors on which hyperacidity depends. Spicy, oily and fried foods cause the problem of acidity. People who skip their meals or do not eat at proper time are also prone to hyperacidity symptoms.
- Stress : Stress is one of the problems which causes hyperacidity. Breathing exercises and meditation should be done to prevent hyperacidity, as stress is one of the important factors responsible for hyperacidity.
- Other causes of acidity include : Pregnancy, Obesity, Aging, Fasting
Natural ways to control hyperacidity:
- Avoid long gaps between the meals.
- Avoid late night work, and in case working then keep something to chew upon in between.
- Drink lots of water.
- Avoid spicy, oily and fried food.
- Do regular exercises.
- Include green salad in diet and take 15 minutes before meals.
- Take a warm glass of water after every meal.
- Unripe Mango: Eating one or two small tender mangoes in which seed is not properly formed with salt and honey is very effective in digestion.
- Honey: One spoon of fresh honey mixed with the juice of half lemon in glass of lukewarm water and taken first thing in morning is not only an effective remedy for constipation but for hyperacidity as well.
- Milk: Milk is very effective in cases of hyperacidity as it contains excess of alkaline forming elements, which quickly relives all acid conditions of the system.
- Arhar Daal: Though very useful in reducing inflammation in internal parts but if used in excess causes accumulation of wind in intestine and increases the acidity.
- Groundnuts: Liberal use of groundnut should be avoided by people prone to indigestion and acidity problems.
If you find this information helpful, please write a review with your valuable comments.