If you wantto solve a problem, it's a good idea to combine
· mind mapping and
· problemsolving tools (like brainstorming, asking questions, drawing a diagram...).This way, you can profitfrom the benefits of each approach.
Start your mind map with the topic of your problem.
· Avoid adescription of your problem that is too narrow.
Use the IDEAL strategy for problem solving.
· IDEAL standsfor
· I = identify problems and opportunities
· D = define alternative goals
· E = explore possible strategies
· A =anticipate and act
· L = look andlearn.
Develop your ideas on each stage.
· Develop your ideas in subbranches.
· Use problem solving tools for each stage.
· You find collection of problem solving tools in the "Tips" section below.
Nest the IDEAL stages if it suits your problem.
See the video below for an example.