Bad breath can be cured. There multiple reasons to it and all of them can be treated successfully.
Let's list the most common reasons and their treatments below:
- Plaque & calculus - Treatment is scaling or cleaning of teeth and gums
- Cavity in the tooth - Filling or RCT of the tooth
- Coated tongue - Cleaning the tongue using a tongue scrapper or brush
- Smoking and Alcohol - Stopping the habit :-)
- Dry mouth - Sip water regularly, chew sugar-free gums
Other than this there can be problems with Sinus, tonsillitis or other problems with stomach and intestines. For that you will have to consult an ENT specialist or a gastro-enterologist.
Can you try something before you visit your dentist/ doctor?
Definitely. Use a non-alcohol based chlorhexidine mouth-rinse for a week. Follow the instructions given on the bottle. If the problem persists or becomes worse, time to fix an appointment with your dentist.