- By Maintaining healthy weight
- Improves appetite that encourages healthy eating.
- Releases stress (relaxed mind is less prone to binge eating or junk eating)
- Building strong bones and muscles. (like muscles bones density also improves with exercise)
- Improves cardiovascular fitness and hence circulation of nutrients.
- It strengthen lungs as deep breathing is practised during playing
- Keep constipation at check
Toddlers should get at least 60 minutes active play everyday and pre-schoolers should have at least 120 minutes active play every day.
Some Nutrition Tips For active Kids
Never skip a breakfast: Kids should encourage to eat at least one fruit in the breakfast as fruits are best absorbed on an empty stomach. It is always advisable to have a protein rich breakfast. E.g. A vegetable omelette with strawberry shake,paneer sandwich with some fruits etc.
Having some snacks before playing: Nuts and oil seeds, bananas,roasted chana, peanuts, a cheese sandwich, puffed rice can be eaten as snacks before going out for that vigorous play.
Keep hydrated: It is not important to drink those sugary drinks at the time of playing instead a child should be encouraged to keep hydrated throughout the day. Plain water or coconut water are best recommended as a sport drink.
Don’t skip that dairy: A growing teenager should have at least 500 ml of dairy distributed throughout the day to maintain-healthy bones.
8-10 hours of sleep: A sound sleep energies both brain and body and ensures proper because growth hormones normally released during sleep.If someone consistently gets too little sleep (known as "sleep deprivation"), growth hormone is suppressed.Lack of sleep may cause accidents, injuries, poor performance, binge eating,digestive disorders and mood swings.
Warning: This is a myth that a child can digest any high calorie junk food just because he is growing and physically active.All junks that are high in hydrogenated fats (palm oil) gets deposited in their blood vessels same way as in an adult.