It’s pretty well established that what you eat can make you fat. But what about when you consume it LATE.
Eating late at night affects the body in a different ways than eating a larger meal at mid-day. Calories that are consumed at night are usually not processed as efficiently as those during the day. Eating late might force you to face these symptoms:
- Eating late at night keeps your body on high alert. It is advised that one should never eat within 2-3 hours of bedtime and ideally nothing after 7-7:30 pm.
- Eating late dinner releases stress hormones at the time when body should be relaxing. Due to release of stress hormone one cannot sleep peacefully and this will aggravate further problem.
- Eating late at night especially if you overeat/eat heavy foods lead to acid reflux, uneasiness,and weight gain.
- Eating dinner late increases the risk of high B.P., heart problem, obesity,
TIPS TO AVOID EATING LATE AT NIGHT:
- Get up early in the morning so that you sleep early at night.
- Eat moderate breakfast and moderate lunch
- Have larger meal before 6 Pm. as late night eating and skipping breakfast is such an erratic pattern which is increasing day by day.
- Start it by reducing portion size and choosing healthier meal options.
- Brush your teeth earlier as some people find that if they brush their teeth they are less likely to indulge in late- night eating pattern.
- Avoid late evening snacks especially fried ones as they remain in the tummy for longer hours and hence one may postone the dinner for further few hours.
- Go for a walk after dinner.
- Avoid intake of colas, coffee and tea after 6 p.m.
- Don't watch TV while having dinner. Enjoy your dinner with your loved ones. This will also lower down your stress levels.
Enjoy your journey to good health!