All that most people know about this alternative medicine is that it consists of sweet, candy-like tablets. So, what exactly is homoeopathy? It is a branch of medicine which is based on The Law of Similars or on the concept of Like cures Like. It works by administering a very minute dose of active ingredient or disease-causing substance in the patient to cure the disease. In a way, it is an advanced form of vaccination. The important factor is that the dose administered is unbelievably minuscule, which renders it absolutely harmless yet very powerful.
The idea behind this is that it stimulates the body’s own healing mechanisms. Another fact about homoeopathy is that the treatment not only depends on the disease but also on the patient. Two people suffering from the same disease might get prescribed different courses of treatment depending on their unique situation and how their body would respond.
Hair and skin are extremely important to most. Who doesn’t want luscious locks of thick, black hair? And who would say no to a glowing skin? Reasons for hair problems such as dandruff and hair loss may be varied. Hair loss can be caused by stress, pregnancy, lack of protein, heredity, thyroid disorders, hormonal imbalances, and alopecia. Alopecia Areata is a disease which causes hair loss. This is the result of an extra zealous immune system, which mistakes the hair for a foreign object and starts attacking it. Dandruff can also be caused by stress or it may be a side effect of poor health, poor hygiene or excessive intake of sugar, fat, and starch. Dandruff can also, in turn, cause hair loss. Since the reasons can be of a wide range, there is a need to not just treat the single disease. The underlying reasons have to be evaluated.
The benefits of the homoeopathic medicine are that homoeopathy treats the person as a whole. It means that homoeopathic treatment focuses on the patient as a person, as well as his pathological condition. The homoeopathic medicines are selected after a full individualizing examination and case-analysis, which includes the medical history of the patient, physical and mental constitution etc.
Homoeopathic treatment is beneficial for common issues like hair fall, dandruff, early greying and skin problems like eczema. Homoeopathy treatments have been especially successful in treating skin problems. The human skin is very sensitive and conventional treatments usually end up making it dry and irritable. Homoeopathy has been proven to be safe and has proved to be a very successful treatment method for a number of skin problems. Some homoeopathic treatments for hair and skin disorders are discussed below:
Some treatments for hair related issues include:
1. Phosphorus: This is made from a series of dilutions and agitations of inorganic phosphorus. This is used for hair loss from alopecia areata.
2. Calcarea Carbonica: This is prescribed for patients with hair loss and is supposed to be one of the best homoeopathic medicines for hair regrowth.
3. Lycopodium Clavatum: This is a wonderful remedy for a number of hair-related problems such as hair loss, premature greying and even baldness.
4. Kali Sulphuricum: This is a good treatment for dandruff. It serves the purpose of dandruff removal as well as hair fall control.
5. Psorinum: This is one of the best treatments for hair loss due to dandruff.6. Natrum Muriaticum: This medicine is derived from common salt and it is used to treat hair fall after pregnancy and hair fall due to anaemia. It is also a good treatment for eczema, which a skin infection characterized by an itchy inflammation of the skin.
Some common skin infections include eczema, rashes, psoriasis and allergic dermatitis. Some skin and hair diseases are interconnected, such as dandruff can be a result of psoriasis and eczema. Some common homoeopathic treatments are as follows:
1. Graphites: This is a remedy for a number of skin diseases with symptoms such as dry and itchy skin.
2. Sulphur: This substance is known as a ‘skin remedy’. It is useful for the treatment of psoriasis, acne, and eczema.
3. Thuja Occidentalis: This homoeopathic medicine is used for the treatment of warts, acne, age spots, freckles and dry skin. It helps the body get rid of scaly patches and itchy skin.
4. Cantharis: Cantharis is used to treat burns or skin conditions that resemble burns. It is also helpful in curing sunburn, blisters, skin eruptions, and insect bites. Symptoms it addresses include blister formation and searing pain. In fact, it can relieve the pain associated with second or third-degree burns.
Homoeopathy is thus an ideal course of treatment for hair and skin problems. It is safe and effective.
Disclaimer: This article is written by the Practitioner for informational purposes only. Users must not view the content as medical advice in any way. Users are also required to ’NOT SELF MEDICATE’ and always consult a practicing specialist before taking any medicines or undergoing any treatment. Practo and the Practitioner will not be responsible for any act or omission by the User arising from the User’s interpretation of the content.