The symptoms in the syndrome are acne, irregular or absent periods, obesity, excessive growth , and infertility. Not all patients have every symptom. In fact some people are not overweight.An ultrasound scan shows that sufferers have changes in the ovaries which cause multiple small cysts to occur without ovulation. The cysts are arranged around the outside of the ovary, just under the surface and have not been able to rupture as they should at ovulation.As ovulation does not occur, hormone levels do not fall as they would normally do. Consequently menstruation, which occurs in response to falling levels of hormones, may be delayed or absent. This can be picked up early in teenagers who do not menstruate regularly. At this point, some homeopathic remedies would help, but the patient and the doctor need to be aware that irregularity may indicate pathology and some tests need to be done, even if no other symptoms are present. this helps in early diagnosis and better prognosis .
WHY EXTRA HAIR GROWTH AND ACNE
The elevated levels of testosterone and estrogen eventually result in Extra hair growth, acne.
This is a major cause for female infertility
- Irregular menses – The menstrual cycle gets disturbed. There is the possibility of periods being delayed or no periods at all for months. There may be pain during menses and also periods are likely to be heavy and erratic.
- Excess of male hormones – The increase in androgens or male hormones lead to other physical signs like growth of facial hair and other parts of the body like arms, legs, chest, abdomen and fingers. At the same time there may be loss of hair from the scalp. The skin becomes a little rougher or thicker. Acne on the face, shoulders and back is also commonly seen.
- Cysts in the ovaries – On ultrasound examination, ovaries are often found to be having multiple cysts.
- Obesity- There is tendency towards central obesity, which means that one tends to gain weight around the abdomen.
- Fertility issues – interferes with ability to get pregnant and carry the pregnancy normal.
- Homeopathy offers the best alternative.
- Homeopathy focuses on treating and curing the root cause of the problem.
- Homeopathy believes that the human body has been perfectly enabled by nature to keep itself disease free. It is only when the immunity or its own internal vitality is deranged that the body becomes incapable of keeping itself disease free. Therefore Homeopathy tries to restore the balance of that vitality. Once the vitality regains its original balance, it is able to nurse itself back to health without any external aid. That is why homeopathic medicines are given in very minute dose.
- Exact prescription of the right medicine depends on the individual symptoms of the patient. It should suffice to say that the treatment of PCOS is a complicated task and should be best left to an experienced homeopathic doctor.