Carbuncle is a skin infection that often involves a group of hair follicles. The infection material forms a lump,which occurs deep in the skin and often contain pus.When a person has many carbuncles, the condition is called carbunculosis.
- Poor hygiene
- A weak immune system
- Kidney disease
- Shaving and other activities that break the hair
- Infection to other parts
SYMPTOMS & CAUSES
- Symptoms of carbuncles
- Pain and itching
- Redness in affected part
- Discharge of pus
- Fever and chill
- Fatigue Feeling of general sickness
- Swelling in nearby tissues and lymph nodes
Causative agent of carbuncle
DIAGNOSIS & TREATMENT
Diagnosis of this condition is made my physical examination.
A sample of pus may be taken for lab investigation to detect the bacteria.
- Pain relievers
- Antibacterial soaps
- Wash your hands before eating and after using the bathrooms
- Shower often to keep your skin free of bacteria
- Avoid squeezing boils or rubbing any broken skin
- Wash your clothes, sheets and towels regularly in hot water
HOMEOPATHIC MANAGEMENT OF CARBUNCLE
Homeopathy medicine for carbuncles
Hepar sulphuris, Arsenic album, Calendula, Echinacea angustifolia, Mercurius solubilis, Silicea, Tarentula cubensis
Medicines should always be taken after consulting a good homeopath only.
DO’S & DON’TS
- Wash hands frequently
- Maintain hygiene
- Wash your clothes well
- Dry your clothes in sunbath everyday
- Don’t squeeze the boils.