Diabetes mellitus, commonly referred to as diabetes, is a chronic condition which occurs when the levels of blood glucose or sugar increases in the bloodstream. Glucose is a vital source of energy for the cells that make up your muscles and tissues. It's also the main fuel source for the brain. However, an excess of it causes diabetes, damaging vital organs, blood vessels and other functions ultimately leading to death. In fact, diabetes and related complications are one of the leading causes of death around the world.
How Insulin Works
Insulin is a hormone produced by the pancreas. It is responsible for carrying the sugar or glucose, from the bloodstream to the individual cells. Once the pancreas stops producing insulin, glucose builds up in your bloodstream and enters your urine.
Homoeopathic Medicines for Diabetes
Homoeopathy focuses on the overall health of the individual. Since, diabetes is a systemic disease which in long term can affect almost all organs in the human body, keeping this disease in control is very important.
Some of the homoeopathic medicines for diabetes include:
- Abroma Augusta - This homoeopathic medicine is for patients who suffer from weak muscles, increased appetites and frequent urination.
- Cephalandra Indica Q - This a homoeopathic remedy for diabetes who experience dryness of mouth and have immense thirst.
- Phaseolus 3X - This a remedy for diabetics with heart disease.
- Phosphorus - This is a good remedy for diabetics whose symptoms include weak vision.
- Syzygium Jambolanum - This is an efficient homoeopathic remedy for bringing down the sugar levels.
- Phosphoric Acid - This is a beneficial homoeopathic remedy if you feel exhausted or weak all the time.
- Gymnema Sylvestre - This homoeopathic medicine is a good remedy for diabetics losing weight and feeling weak.
Sometimes one or more homeopathic medicines may be combined to treat symptoms of diabetes. So, do not take any of the above-mentioned medicines without a consultation with your Homeopathic doctor.