Stick to a diet long enough, and you are bound to hit a plateau- a point when the needle on the scale seems to stay in one place forever. Don't be discouraged, though: it's very common in weight loss process to experience physical or mental plateaus three or more times a year while losing.
Even positive progress, like building muscle, can temporarily stop the scale.
Every plateau is different each one with its own cocktail of the cause. But we have got the fixes you need to bust through them
CAUSES OF PLATEAU:
- PHYSICAL CAUSE: As you become leaner, your basal metabolic rate slows which means your body burns fewer calories than it used to. When one gets used to the challenge of his usual workout, it isn't as stressful on his body and the calories burn slows.
- MENTAL CAUSE: This plateaus happened during the first month of the diet control when craving tend to be at their worst. It's just because one makes his habits to eat salad and toast. Basically, making you feel restricted and that is when you are most vulnerable to missing old habits.
- ATTITUDE: The Third most important cause is an all for nothing Attitude.
- Eat five to six small meals every three to four hours to boost your metabolism.
- Try to change your work out like add weights, Strength training at least twice a week builds muscle, which boosts your metabolic rate and your fat- burning potential
- Increase the duration and intensity of your aerobics workout also helps.
- Instead of doing your regular 30 minutes on the treadmill, add another 10 minutes or use the machine's interval training programmed.
- Shake up your food choices. Eating a variety of fruits, vegetables, and whole grains will be cut the boredom factor.
- Fix some resolutions and always motivate yourself to reach your target weight.
There are some tips, but how can we achieve this?
- Keep an exercise log so you can see how far you have come.
- Donate clothing that's too big.
- Use old photos of your self as a reminder of your progress.