How does air pollution cause illness?
Delhi & it's neighboring states are enveloped in an ugly smog that is refusing to settle down. The toxic air is making everyone cough, causing throat irritation & spreading viral infection.
Pollution increases the risk of asthma, cardiovascular issues.
A Diet that protects against air pollution
1. Vitamin C-rich foods:- Eat vitamin C-rich foods like orange, red bell peppers, citrus fruits, parsley, broccoli, Brussels sprouts, cauliflower spinach, tomatoes green onion and more.
2. Omega-3:- Omega- 3 fatty acids are also capable of reducing allergic reactions and soothe inflammation. Eat Omega-3 rich foods like walnuts, flaxseeds, chia seeds and oils such as mustard, canola, and olive.
3. Magnesium-rich foods:- Eat magnesium-rich foods such as nuts and seeds, green leafy vegetables, legumes, and wheat bran.
4. Herbal Tea:- Green tea, tulsi, ginger, and cinnamon are powerful adaptogens (herbal ingredients used to improve the health of the adrenal system) that enable the body to handle stressors like pollution and environmental toxins.
5. Jaggery:- Eat jaggery to flush out pollutants from your lungs.
A healthy diet will protect you beat the ill effects of pollution by keeping your immunity up.
Be safe and healthy.
Thanks and regards,
Dt Jyoti Jangid