During summer, our body becomes hotter, muscle enzymes speed up and burn glycogen more rapidly, depleting stores of the sugar that your muscles use for fuel. Hence it is necessary to make the child drink plenty of fluids that would help hydrate the muscle and skin adequately in order to maintain internal cooling down.
Safety tips for children:
- Hydrate their body: Make them drink at least 8-10 glasses of water/ day. Parents should provide fresh juices, coconut water, butter milk or lemon juice as refreshments to their kids as they replenish the fluids that are lost in sweat.
- Keep kids out of midday sun: try to keep your kids out of direct sunlight especially during peak hours from 12-4 pm and instead engage them in indoor activities during that time of the day. Evenings are best for recreational activities,especially for kids playing outdoor games.
- Dress children in light coloured cotton fabrics
- No junk food please! Avoid making your children eat a lot of spicy junkies like pizza, pasta and burgers. Instead go for fresh fruits like water melon, muskmelons, chikku and kiwis as they have antioxidant properties and water content which helps in preventing dehydration.
- Let them eat light and small frequent meals.
Every mother wants to help her child stay healthy and fight off infections, especially during winter and flu season. A strong immune system is very important for children to stay healthy as it protects their developing body from diseases. We need to boost up their immunity so that they do not get infected with germs easily. Feeding children a balanced and healthy diet is very important for having a strong immune system. Food rich in antioxidants should be fed to children. Eating yoghurt everyday is good for health. It strengthens and stabilizes the immune system. Apart from these, parents should also take other steps to ensure that children stay healthy also during later winter months where infection prevalence is high. Beneficial action is to be taken to strengthen their Immunity. So in case your child is particularly susceptible to allergic attacks, then plan a few sessions of SALTROOM THERAPY which is a drugless treatment to increase immunity in a natural way. This therapy can be taken even when the child is not necessarily under the allergy attack at that particular point in time. Vacation can be the best times to future protect your child.