Sorghum is the nutritious cereal which makes healthy diet. It is cooked as porridge for breakfast or along with other dishes. It is rich in vitamin and minerals and has many health benefits. It is gluten free and contains lot of dietary fiber helpful in digestion and making you feel fuller. Read to know about importance of fiber.
Nutrition of Sorghum
Sorghum is rich in potassium and phosphorus. It has good amount of calcium with small amounts of iron and sodium. Sorghum has good amount of thiamine and niacin with small amounts of riboflavin.
Eating 100 gm of sorghum give 339 calories. The protein and starch in grain sorghum are more slowly digested than other cereals, and slower rates of digestibility are particularly beneficial for diabetics.Sorghum starch is gluten-free.Get more information on wonder foods for diabetics.
Health Benefits of Sorghum
- Sorghum makes a healthy diet since it is gluten-free diet.
- It is good in treatment of celiac disease and allergy from eating wheat.
- It keeps bones and teeth healthy giving energy to the body.
- It also maintains the health of heart, controls diabetes, arthritis and weight of the body.
According to whole grains council-considering lot more researchers, they have listed down some health benefits of eating sorghum.
1.Sorghum protect against diabetes and insulin resistance.
2.Eating this grain inhibit the cancer tumor growth.
3. It may help manage cholesterol.
4. It is one the safe food for people who are suffering from celiac disease.