- Attempting to clean the ears regularly
Ears are self cleaning.It is the only part of the body in which the skin grows in a direction & brings the wax & skin debris out from the canal to the outer ear.When you move your jaw & chew you're assisting this process. Wax has certain properties which kill certain types of bacteria & prevent the growth of fungus.
- Do not insert cotton swabs
- Do not insert any pointy objects.
- Do not instill any oil or any other liquid into the ear.
- In children who insert foreign objects into the ear please take them to an ENT surgeon who will safely remove these foreign bodies without injuring the ear or the ear drum.
- Do not expose the ear to very high frequency sounds One is liable to have permanent hearing loss because of the damage to the delicate hair cells in the inner ear.