According to Ayurveda, as the season changes, Grishma Ritu is going on which comprises approximately till 30th May.
In our body, the deposition of Vata Dosha gets initiated as the dryness in the climate increases. As the heat increases, Pitta Dosha increases. Due to the heat, Kapha Dosha gets liquified and one may initially experience Kapha Dosha related issues. But the Kapha Dosha gradually gets pacified.
Sharir Bala (Strength and Stamina ) - Less
Jatharagni (Digestion) - Weak
Hence to remain healthy, following are the Diet and Lifestyle recommendations -
- Have Sweet food items.
- Have food items of Sheeta (Cold), Snigdha (Unctuous) and Drava (Liquid) properties.
- Having plenty of water and other liquids like fruit juices, meat soup, coconut water etc. is to be practiced.
- Have Rice and lentil.
- Water cooled with Ushira (Cuscus grass) gives soothing effect.
- Mantha (type of Juice) prepared from Grapes, Dates and Figs are advisable as it is soothing, has cooling effect and nourishing. It also relaxes and cools the system.
- Sharbat made from the following is advisable - Ananta (Hemidesmus indicus), Kamala (Lotus), Gulaba (Rose), Chandana (Sandal), Draksha (Grapes), Ushira (Cuscus grass), Jambira (Lemon).
Prohibited Food -
- Avoid Urad (Black gram), Mustard and Curd.
- Avoid Pungent, Sour and Salty food.
Recommended Lifestyle -
- Wear light coloured and light weight cotton cloths.
- If weakness, sleeping at daytime is advisable.
- Have sufficient exposure to the cool moon rays and cool winds at night.
- As far as possible, stay indoor at afternoon.
- Enjoy in cool water nature areas.
- Have bath with cold water.
Prohibited Lifestyle -
- Avoid excessive physical exertion, exercise and sex.
- Avoid direct exposure to Sun.