We all know that photos are one of the biggest elements of the wedding day. While it may be trendy for some brides to have serious faces in their wedding photos, mimicking nostalgic bridal poses of generations past, the reality is that far too many a bride is ashamed of her teeth, and that’s why she’s not smiling wide on one of the most important days of her life. If a smile makeover were part of the wedding planning, the photographic outcome would be drastically different.
For many brides, the wedding day is all about the wedding dress, so they spend months dieting or working out in order to fit into the dress. They want to look amazing in whatever they choose to wear. While of course, the dress is an important symbol of the wedding day, consider what your photos will look like if your dress is stunning– but your smile is not. Will your future children one day look through your wedding album and say, “Mom, why aren’t you smiling? Were you sad about getting married?”
Maybe you were just embarrassed about the condition of your teeth and didn’t want to see them reflected in the many wedding day photos. Instead of regretting your smile later – or lack thereof – do something about it now, before the wedding, so you can really show your joy on this happiest of days and look back fondly at the memories again and again.
We understand that your wedding day needs to be perfect, and that includes your smile. We offer a wide range of general and cosmetic dental treatments, to help create your perfect smile. A popular treatment for brides and grooms to include tooth whitening, porcelain veneers and crowns.
- Veneers –these individually handcrafted facings are fitted to the front of your teeth and can last up to 15 years. They can be used to correct teeth that have gaps, are chipped, crooked or permanently stained.
- Teeth Whitening – the most popular treatment for the wedding party. Laser Teeth Whitening takes less than 30 mins and can make your teeth up to 8 shades whiter. It is a simple, painless procedure with lasting results.
- White Fillings – white mercury-free fillings that won’t show when you smile.
- Crowns – these are good if you don’t want veneers. A cap is placed over the tooth to restore or improve the shape and size.
- Invisalign- For the brides who really plan ahead or who are having a long engagement, there is time to put Invisalign to work for you. Treatment typically takes about nine months to a year to complete, depending on your alignment needs, but the best thing is that Invisalign is removable. So you can go to the cake tastings and have the engagement photos taken without worrying about braces on your teeth, but you’ll be straightening them all the while so they’re perfect for the wedding day, and your married life thereafter.
- Bonding- this can improve the appearance of teeth that are chipped, stained, or cracked.
- Contouring- this process levels uneven smile lines. Perfect for pointed canines or a small chip.
- Smile makeover- Every smile makeover is customized to suit your individual oral health needs. You might only have one cosmetic dentistry treatment, and that counts as a smile makeover. Or you may need restorative dentistry treatments to rebuild the foundation of your smile before you’re ready for anything like porcelain crowns or veneers. That’s considered a smile makeover too. Whatever treatments are tied together to give you a beautiful, healthy, functional, long-lasting smile are your unique smile makeover.
You’ll never be sorry you spent the time or resources to improve your smile for your wedding day. Along with having a better smile, you will look healthier, younger, and happier – and who doesn’t want to exude those characteristics on their big day. When you feel better about yourself, you’ll love yourself, and you’ll be better prepared to fully love the one you’re marrying. Make an appointment with an aesthetic dentist to make a smile makeover part of your important wedding preparations.