Gastritis is an inflammation, irritation or erosion of the lining of the stomach. It can occur suddenly or gradually. It depends from person to person regarding the occurrence it can be acute or chronic.
Gastritis can be caused due to excessive alcohol use, chronic vomiting, stress, or the use of certain medication such as aspirin or other anti- inflammatory drugs. It may also be caused by any of the following;
- Helicobacter pylori: A bacteria that lives in the inner linings of the stomach, if not taken care it can lead to ulcers and even further stomach cancer.
- Bile reflux: A backflow of bile into the stomach from the bile tract.
- Infections caused by bacteria and virus.
Gastritis should not be left untreated as in complications it can lead to blood loss, and may also lead to stomach cancer.
Symptoms of Gastritis
- Nausea or recurrent upset stomach
- Abdominal bloating
- Burning or gnawing feeling in the stomach between meals or at night
- Loss of appetite
- Vomiting blood or brown colour vomiting
- Black dark stool
Prognosis is good as most people recover quickly once the treatment has begun.
Homeopathy and its treatment in Gastritis
Homeopathy has a holistic approach. Homeopathy plays a vital role in managing it, as it will also help in the symptoms like nausea, burning, belching and symptoms associated with this illness. Homeopathic medicines work safely and non- invasively in preventing the recurrences at the same time getting rid of the symptoms without any side effects.
Medicines like Nux vomica, Robinia, Abies canadensis, Abies nigra, belladonna, ipecac etc. Do cure the case of gastritis when prescribed based on symptom similarity and in right potency.
- Avoid known triggering foods that seem to arise the complaint in individuals
- Quit smoking
- Avoid taking stress
- Avoid use of alcohol
- Maintain a healthy weight
- Avoid of overuse of painkillers
- Do yoga or exercise daily
(Caution: Do not self-medicate, take homoeopathic medicines under the supervision of a Homeopathic Physician)