Erectile Dysfunction or ED has become a common problem in the majority of men. Although,various medications and treatments can address the problem of ED in men, several dietary changes too can help you in the treatment of this health issue.
Most of the physicians recommend plenty of exercises and a Mediterranean diet to treat the problem. Below listed are some important food items that you must include in your daily diet in order to treat ED along with the proper medications prescribed by the doctor:
- Cocoa: Cocoa comprises of antioxidant compounds called flavoring which can improve cardiovascular health. Flavoring help to increase the flow of blood as well as the concentration of nitric oxide in the blood. Thus, eating cocoa in the form of dark chocolates is a good treatment option of ED.
- Pistachios: Pistachios are considered to be a great snack if you want to address the problem of erectile dysfunction naturally. This dry fruit also helps to improve the levels of cholesterol as well as blood pressure in the body. There are no side-effects of eating pistachios.
- Watermelon: Watermelon helps to improve the overall sexual function in the body.Research has established that there is a connection between water and erectile dysfunction. A compound found in watermelon called citrulline helps to relax the blood vessels down there.
- Herbal supplements: Using herbal supplements to treat any condition is usually considered to be controversial. However, there are a few herbs which have shown positive results in treating erectile dysfunction. These herbs include Dehydrogenase, L-arginine, and Ginseng.
- Olive oil: A diet rich in olive oil can work effectively to treat the problem of erectile dysfunction. Olive oil constitutes an important part of the Mediterranean diet which is known to be very helpful for male sexual health respectively.
- Salmon and fatty fish: Fatty fish and salmon are considered to be a good source of heart-healthy omega-3 fatty acids and may boost the production of nitric oxide in the body.
Add these food items in your daily diet to bid goodbye to erectile dysfunction.