Varicose veins are enlarged, swollen, and twisting veins, often appearing blue or dark purple. They happen when faulty valves in the veins allow blood to flow in the wrong direction or to pool. More than 23 percent of all adults are affected by varicose veins.
GENERAL POINTS TO BE KEPT IN MIND
- NO CROSS LEGGED SITTING.- impedes the proper blood flow
- AVOID SITTING AND STANDING CONTINUOUSLY FOR MORE THAN 20 MINUTES.- leads to pooling of blood in legs
- WEAR LOOSE CLOTHING ON WAIST.- restricts blood flow
- LOOSE WEIGHT-extra weight increases the pressure on your already engorged veins
- WEAR COMPRESSION STOCKINGS- aids the return of blood flow to the heart.
WHAT SORT OF FOODS TO EAT
- HAVE CARROT & SPINACH JUICE ALTERNATIVELY OR 2 TIMES A WEEK.
- INCREASE THE INTAKE OF VITAMIN C IN YOUR DIET ( LIKE AMLA ,GUAVA,YELLOW BELL PEPPER,KALE ,PAPAYA) -it increases the collagen strength of the vessel wall
- INCREASE CONSUMPTION OF BLACKBERRIES, CHERRIES, AND BLUEBERRIES. - strengthen and support the structures of veins as well as the vascular system as a whole.
- CONSUME ONIONS, GINGER AND CAYENNE - because they can help fibrin to break down and avoid that bumpy & hard look.
- CONSUME A HIGH-FIBER DIET
- HAVE HORSE CHESTNUT & GOTU KOLA IN YOUR DIET (REFER YOUR AYURVEDA EXPERT)
EXERCISES TO DO
- WALK FOR 15-20 MIN ON NORMAL GROUND AND NOT ON TREADMILL
- AQUA AEROBICS IN SHALLOW WATER 2 DAYS A WEEK
SOME OTHER REMEDIES
- CONTRAST BATH FOR 15 MINUTES ON DAILY BASIS
- APPLE CIDER VINEGAR APPLICATION ON THE LEGS
- CAN APPLY MULTANI MITTI PACK TO COOL OFF THE LEGS
- CAN ALSO USE ROSEMARY OIL FOR MASSAGE OF THE LEGS