The heart pumps blood all over the body. The amount of blood reaching, for e.g. to the legs depends on how frequently heart beats and also on how much blood it pumps out at each beat. Thus exercise makes the heart muscle more elastic, so that at each beat it contracts more efficiently forcing out more blood. Thus fewer beats are needed to supply the required oxygen-bearing blood to the legs.
- Fast walking
HOW TO START?
BENEFITS OF EXERCISES:
Along with diet, exercises can reduce your weight. Thus this one of the main reasons for obese and over weight people to take on exercise. Running a kilometer burns off no more than the calories found in small piece of cake. But in the long-term, exercise increases the rate at which the body breaks down foods, so less of your intake is stored as fat reserves. Exercises helps to lower the levels of cholesterol in your body, which is responsible for major cardiac problems. Some smokers feel exercises help them to stop smoking. Exercises regularly help to maintain good mental health by relieved stress and tension.
DO'S AND DON’TS
- Do consult your doctor if you suffer from high blood pressure, black outs, dizziness, heart disorders, diabetes, back pain or arthritis.
- Do not exercise for more that 20 minutes at a time at first.
- Gradually build up your session.
- Don't exercise when you are tired, or feverish or sick.
- Do stop and take rest if you become breathless or there is pain. Do warming up exercise like stretching before starting any strenuous exercises.
- Do not enter competitive sport if you suffer from stress or tension.
- At least wait for 2 to 3 hours before exercising after a meal.
- Wear loose comfortable clothes during exercises.
- Buy good shoes for exercising.