If you have suffered from endometriosis or seen your loved ones suffering, you already know how painful and weakening this condition could be. You may also know that conventional approach for endometriosis does not address the root cause of the problem and they are far from perfect. There is the role of medical intervention to reduce the pain but they do nothing to heal the root cause of the problem which is also in your immune system. Till now the best tools for dealing with endometriosis are synthetic hormones like birth control pills, painkillers like Ibuprofen or surgery. Both strategies for pain control do not address the root cause of the condition. Natural hormone balancing strategies do no good.
In my 15 years as a gynaecologist, I have never seen that herbs and supplements can do much if anything to cure endometriosis. The good news is that there is hope and endometriosis suffering is not a death sentence. There are dietary and lifestyle strategies for addressing the root cause of endometriosis which is inflammation, liver congestion, hormone imbalance and immune dysfunction. Endometriosis is an immune disease and possibly a microbial disease. Genetic predisposition, estrogen dominance does play an important role.
What is endometriosis:
Endometriosis is a very painful and weakening condition that affects over 15% of women. The endometrial tissue is normally found in the uterus in places outside the uterus where it should not be. This misplaced endometrial tissue may be found on the ovaries, fallopian tubes or the abdomen. Because it is sensitive to the menstrual cycle hormones, the pain associated will follow the same pattern as your monthly cycle.
Unfortunately, many women with endometriosis are not diagnosed the right away. The average delay in diagnosis is almost 5 to 10 years. That means many women suffer from terrible endometriosis pain for a long time thinking that it’s just period cramps.
Addressing endometriosis with the integrative approach:
Good news is that you can do a ton of things to address the root cause, to reduce inflammation, balance your hormones, immune system with dietary lifestyle and integrative strategies.
1. Cut down or eliminate synthetic estrogen (Xeno estrogen) exposure found in household cleaners cosmetics and bathroom products. Replace standard chemical products with green alternatives.
2. Liver detoxification by eating more leafy greens, cruciferous vegetables, antioxidant-rich fruits.
3. Focus on healthy fats like those found in olive oil, coconut oil and avocados because they have been proven to help in supporting healthy hormone ratios in the body.
4. Cut down on red meat.
5. Support the immune system with immune-supportive foods like cabbage, broccoli, beetroot, carrots, onions, garlic and immune-supporting supplements like zinc, turmeric, melatonin, NAC, vitamin A.
6. Cut down or eliminate dairy, wheat, and caffeine to reduce inflammation.
7. Taking a good probiotic can help balance gut flora and support estrogen metabolism.
It’s a myth that endometriosis has to ruin your life every month.
Remember that health is your birthright and my job is to help you achieve that. Wherever you may be right now, you are a wonderful woman, and once you get the right information, you can make better choices. So what are you waiting for? The science of your body is on your side. Change your life today and become the best version of you because this world needs you!! We’re all in this together with social or article media or if you or your loved ones suffering from endometriosis or period pains.
Love, healing and happiness.