The winter steps in with a lovely climate and the wind, but it draws out moisture from the skin leading to chapped lips, uneven, cracked skin and flakes on the scalp. The external moisturizer plays an important role. However, there are a lot of dietary factors which are vital most important to increase the hydration internally.
Here are a few tips to help you this winter:
- We tend to drink less water in the winter because of cold climate, but one should have plenty of water to stay hydrated internally.
- Root vegetables like Beets, Carrots, Radish and Turnips can withstand the cold. They are the storehouse of Beta-carotene, Vitamins C and A.
- Leafy vegetables like Lettuce, Broccoli, Cauliflower, Kale, Spinach, Cabbage, Celery are packed with phytochemicals and fiber which enhances the immune system.
- High-antioxidant and multi-coloured fruits like Cranberries, Blueberries, Strawberries, Kiwi, Parsnips, Pears, Avocado, Grapefruit, Apple, Guava, Indian Gooseberry (Amla) are easily available this season.
- Spices like Cayenne, Ginger, Cinnamon, Raw Turmeric, etc. help us feel warmer from within, by improving blood circulation.
- Consuming soaked dry fruits like Almonds, Raisins, Prunes, Dates, Walnut, Figs, etc. are a must for ceramides.
- Consuming an optimum quantity of ghee is also essential.
Enrich your skin with these nutrients and glow your skin from within.