Simple skincare measures can go a long way to improve the health of your skin. It helps prevent natural ageing and other skin problems too.
Let’s take a look at a few measures that can help you have brighter and healthier skin:
1. Start Your Day Well. Start your day with some fresh fruit juices such as orange, grapes, or papaya.
Switching your morning tea with fresh juices can help hydrate you and the nutrients in them can help improve the health of your skin.
2. Allow Your Skin to Breathe. Pour a few drops of olive oil on a cotton pad and gently massage the oil onto your face to get rid of any makeup and dirt. This will help your skin breathe, and will keep it fresh and young.
3. Get Good Sleep. Your skin repairs itself at night and therefore, the more sleep you get, the more time your skin gets to rejuvenate itself. Therefore, try to get at least 6 to 8 hours of sleep every night.
Before you go to sleep, make sure that you remove any makeup on your skin. You can apply a good moisturizer or a night cream before going to bed.
4. Avoid Too Much Sun Exposure. Too much sun exposure can damage your skin. It can lead to wrinkles, age spots and other skin problems.
Always use a good sunscreen that blocks both ultraviolet (UVA and UVB) rays. Make sure that you do not miss applying sunscreen before stepping out.
5. Eat Healthy. Consume more fresh fruits and vegetables. They are high in antioxidants and help in improving your skin health.
You can also include whole grains and lean proteins in your diet. Avoid deep-fried and processed food.
6. Stay Well Hydrated. Make sure you drink at least 6 to 8 glasses of water in a day.
Fruits and vegetables that have a high water content such as watermelon, cucumber, strawberry and grapefruit can also help in maintaining the water content in the body.
Staying hydrated helps nourish your skin and keep it healthy. It helps prevent dry, rough and dull skin.
7. Cleanse Regularly. Make sure to cleanse your face at least twice a day. Avoid using hot water to wash your face as it can dry your skin.
Also, avoid the use of harsh soaps and use a mild cleanser. After washing your face, gently pat or blot dry your skin with a dry towel and avoid rubbing your skin.
8. Manage Stress. Chronic uncontrolled stress makes your skin more sensitive and can also trigger acne breakouts.
To get brighter, healthy skin, make sure you manage stress and maintain a healthy state of mind.
You can try stress management techniques such as yoga and meditation for positive, brighter and happy skin.
9. Exercise Regularly. Exercising regularly will help improve your blood circulation and also accelerate the cleaning process of your body.
Try to do at least 30 minutes of mild to moderate workout every day.
10. Maintain A Healthy Lifestyle. Avoid smoking and drinking alcohol as it can make your skin look dull and pale. It can dry up your skin and can accelerate skin ageing.
These easy to follow measures can help keep your skin bright and glowing. If you are still experiencing skin problems such as acne or pigmentation, then you can consult a dermatologist.
Disclaimer: This article is written by the Practitioner for informational and educational purposes only. The content presented on this page should not be considered as a substitute for medical expertise. Please "DO NOT SELF-MEDICATE" and seek professional help regarding any health conditions or concerns. Practo will not be responsible for any act or omission arising from the interpretation of the content present on this page.