'You are what you eat' to, which is why it is essential to have a balanced intake of nutritionally dense foods for a strong immune system. The immune system is precisely a system, not a single entity. To function well, it requires balance and harmony.
1. Eat a diet high in fruits and vegetables - At least 2 servings of fruits and 3 servings of vegetables per day. Include fruits such as - mango, kiwi, mosambi, orange, papaya, pineapple (Seasonal fruits only)Include vegetables like - palak, beetroot, carrot, pumpkin, drumstick, bell peppers, broccoli).
2. Eat more healthy fats: Include coconut oil, olive oil, ghee in your diet. Add nuts like almonds, walnuts and seeds like pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, flaxseed and sabja seeds.
3. Include good quality protein- moong sprouts, black channa, ragi, sattu, curds, eggs, jowar
4. Add superfoods in your diet- amla, moringa leaves, wheatgrass juice, turmeric+ginger+tulsi khada
5. Stay hydrated- include fluids without sugar apart from the water like chaas, lemon water, green juice, detox water
6. Clock your body & get enough sleep: Eat on time and sleep on time. Do not isturb your body clock or cycle by changing your routine
7. Include Exercise/ Yoga / Pranayam daily for 40-45 minsAvoid processed and packaged foods. Eat home-cooked food only.
Take care, Stay safe, Stay healthy!