Lupus is an auto-immune diseases in which the body's immune system becomes hyperactive and starts to attack healthy tissues. Symptoms include inflammation, swelling, and damage to the joints, skin, kidneys, blood, heart, and lungs.
This article highlights food items that one should eat and should avoid when affected by the symptoms of lupus.
FOOD ITEMS TO INCLUDE
- Food Rich In Omega-3 (Fish)
- Calcium Rich Food (Low Fat Milk, Cheese, Yogurt, Beans, Dark Green Leafy Veggies)
- Spices (Turmeric, Pepper, Curry Powder, Herbs)
- Lemon To Enhance Taste
FOOD ITEMS TO EXCLUDE
- Red Meat
- Limit Fats (Trans & Saturated)
- Nightshade Veggies (White Potatoes, Tomatoes, Sweet & Hot Pepper)
- Avoid Direct UV Exposure (Sunlight, Gas Burner, Electronic Devices like Cell phones).
- Apply Sunscreen before Leaving House.
- Hydration Is Important.
- Visit Your Skin Doctor
- Every 3 Months & In Case Of Aggravation Of Symptoms.