Once the thrill and rush of the festival season is over, it leaves in its wake a feeling of guilt and regret. Why guilt and regret? I am sure, you are aware at what I am hinting. No matter how hard one tries, festivities do make us their victim and take their toll on us. One does succumb to the allure of the various sweets, fried savories and rich food.
So, post the Diwali Dhamaka, let’s detox:
- Drink lots of water: The easiest and most effective route for elimination of toxins is sweat and urine. Adequate hydration will help in this process. A squeeze of lemon juice in the water will help in balancing the PH levels of the body. It helps in regulation of the digestive tract and also helps in fat metabolism.
- Reduce the intake of salt, sugar and refined flour as by now your system is overloaded with these.
- Make fresh and seasonal fruits your choice for snack items.
- Change your dinner time menu to a bowl of soup and salad. The lighter you eat, the more rested your system will feel.
- Sip on 2 cups of green tea through the day.
- Including 45 minutes of exercise and 15 minutes of meditation daily will not only help reduce the systemic as well as mental stress levels.
- Getting at least 8 hours of sleep will help you to feel fresher and energetic.
- Get a hot oil body massage done once a week to improve and regulate your circulation and lymphatic drainage.
Most people assume detoxification diets mean starving, depriving, fasting or skipping meals. On the contrary, it is more about eating healthy, natural and lighter foods. So, use these tips to detoxify and give rest to your body and get back on the health wagon!