When all the body parts humiliated and laughed at the rectum, so in a huff he decided not to work and shut down tight. Within a couple of days, the brain had a headache, stomach bloated, blood was toxic and eyes were watery. Moral of the story? Even though the others worked, the ass hole is usually in charge.
Piku’s father represented 14% of Indian urban population with this trending condition. Constipation is when the bowel movements are difficult or happens less often than normal i.e. 2-3 times a week. There’s strain which is usually felt while passing motions which makes blood circulation sluggish which can cause heart attacks/strokes.
- Physically inactive
- Less fibre in the diet
- Overuse of Laxatives
- Eating disorders
Things to Remember
There are numerous culprits that trigger constipation. Following are some of the factors which are a complete NO NO during constipation:
1) Drinking less water: Drink enough water per day as it plays a vital role in clearing intestinal trash and helps to ease out your regular morning activity.
2) Lack of physical activity: Or sedentary lifestyle is a big contributor to this uncomfortable condition. Physical activity keeps our metabolism high and increases the pace of bodily functions. No exercise hinders digestion leading to constipation.
3) Alcohol/Caffeine: Alcohol inhibits digestion. Caffeine acts as a stimulant to bowel movements at the same time it causes dehydration which can lead to constipation. So the moral of the story is to control the portions of these drinks.
4) Processed Food: Eating empty calories is one of the biggest causes of constipation. Don't always rely on processed food/ packed food or dehydrated food. As they have minimum fibre and are rich in preservatives which are not beneficial to the body in any way.
5) Medication: Certain medicines or iron supplements can put your system to halt and in turn cause constipation.
6) Obesity: High-fat percentage or being fat do not allow the casual space in the intestine for its functioning, making the digestive system sluggish, that is your food may remain in the colon for longer before it is ejected, making it toxic for the body
It’s usually a result of unhealthy lifestyle or diet. Taking over-the-counter medicines can make your body dependent on it, so the best ways to deal is naturally...
1) Correct portion size: Make sure you eat as per your body requirements. Also, do not eat less as it can result in poor health.
2) Load your plate with Fruits and Vegetables: These two colourful food components are rich in fibre and help in relieving constipation. Fruits (& dried fruits) like Prunes, bananas, chikoos, custard apple & Vegetables like Bhindi, Peas, Guar gum can help you keep constipation at bay!
3) Yoga to the rescue! Yoga can revitalize your body and increase oxygen in the blood. As we know many of yoga postures involve pelvic movements which can help to relieve constipation woes like Mayurasana, Pavanmuktasana and Badhha Kosana.
4) Functional Foods: Introducing gut-healthy foods help fight constipation. Functional foods like Methi seeds, Aloe vera juice, Apple Cider Vinegar, Black raisins, Chia seeds.
5) Curds: This super food has been listed in many diet plans as one of its many nutritional benefits is that it improves digestion. Risk of stomach infections reduces and also there is an introduction to good culture in the body.
Due to constipation, other complications can occur such as Piles, Hemorrhoids, Ulcers, Abdominal Pain and Anal Fissures.