Dark circles under the lower eyelids are common in women and men often accompanied by bags,dark circles.
Following are the common causes of dark circles:
1. Allergies, asthma, eczema: Any condition that causes the eyes to itch can contribute to darker circles due to rubbing or scratching the skin around them.
2. Medication: Any medication that causes blood vessels to dilate, can cause circles under the eyes to darken because skin under eye is very delicate.
3. Anemia: The lack of nutrients in the diet or the lack of a balanced diet, can contribute to the discolouration of the area under the eyes. Serum ferritin deficiency can cause dark circles.
4. Fatigue: A lack of sleep and mental fatigue can cause paleness of the skin.
5. Age: Dark circles are likely to become more noticeable and permanent with age.
WAYS TO TREAT DARK CIRCLES:
1. Creams for dark circles: Various topical creams, ointments and gels are available to minimize the appearance of dark circles.cream contain active ingredients such as vit K, Vit-C and AHA that stimulates the collagen production of the skin,these nutrients also help lessen the appearance of dark circles.
2. Chemical peeling: It is non-invasive treatment for dark circles, chemical peels help in rejuvenating the skin around the eyes by exfoliating the damaged upper layer of skin.
3. Laser treatment: Laser surgery to resurface the skin and enhance skin tightening.
4. Fillers to conceal blood vessels and melanin that are causing skin discoloration beneath eyes.