Adenoids are lymph tissue mass that are located in the pharynx just behind nose. They act as a protective barrier to infections entering respiratory tract. They trap harmful germs that enter through mouth or nose and also produce antibodies to fight infection. Adenoids become less significant as the body develops immunity with growing up; they become smaller and gradually disappear. They cause no symptoms by the time your child reaches his or her teenage years. Adenoids can swell up again in adulthood because of infection, but this isn’t common
- Bacterial or viral infections can cause inflammation and swelling of adenoids resulting in condition called adenoiditis.
- They can block your child’s nose and throat. If both your child's adenoids and tonsils are enlarged, it may make it more difficult to breathe or swallow
- This particularly affects more when child is asleep, causing snoring or may temporarily
SYMPTOMS OF ENLARGED ADENOIDS
• Sore throat• Stuffy nose• Swollen glands in the neck• Ear pain and other ear problems• When the nose is stuffy, breathing through it can be a challenge. Other symptoms of adenoiditis related to nasal congestion include:
- Breathing through the mouth
- Speaking with a nasal sound, as if you are speaking with a pinched nose. Trouble in producing certain letter like “M”
- Difficulty sleeping
- Snoring or sleep apnea (a condition where you stop breathing for a short amount of time during sleep)
COMPLICATIONS OF ADENOIDITIS
Breathing problems and sleep apnea may result in incomplete sleep which in turn leads to tiredness all day long, behavior problem, short attention span etc. Regular ear infection can cause glue ear and hearing loss. Severe hearing loss can affect child’s speech and understanding. It can also affect the behavior and child’s performance at school.
PREVENTION• Nutritious diet and good ventilation helps us to prevent infections• Avoid cold and acidic drinks• Avoid tinned food items with preservatives, sauces, packed juices etc.• Avoid cold damp and overcrowded places
TREATMENTConventional medicine treats adenoids either by managing symptoms or going for adenoidectomy
WHY SURGERY SHOULD BE AVOIDEDAdenoids as well as tonsils form the first line of defense against germs entering through respiratory tract. Their removal makes our body more susceptible to recurrent respiratory infections. So, even after surgery, immunity against infections may remain low.
HOMEOPATHY HAS THE SOLUTIONHomeopathy can completely reverse the inflammation and enlargement of glands without surgery. It strengthens the immune system of the body so that recurrent infections are resisted. It provides painless relief with easily palatable pills. The treatment is tailor made where the medicine is prescribed according to personality of the individual. It provides safe and effective solution to cure enlarged adenoids and tonsils.
The treatment works in two stages- Primarily, it treats the acute complaints and discomfort; then it strengthens immune system to tackle recurrent respiratory infections. Adenoids shrink back in due course of time in safe, gentle and natural way.
So, go for Homeopathy to ensure a comfortable childhood for your kid!