Premature ejaculation has become the number one sexual dysfunction which has started to affect a number of men in the present times. According to a study, premature ejaculation affects 30 percent of men of all age groups. The biggest sexual consequence of this problem is self-demotivation and shame. A person starts to lose his confidence and feels bad about himself. Moreover, premature ejaculation also affects the overall healthy relationship that a man is having with his partner.
It is therefore very important to address the problem and find ways out to get rid of the same. The first step is to understand the various causes of premature ejaculation and then look at the solutions.
Premature ejaculation has been classified as the following:
- Primary premature ejaculation: Also known as lifelong premature ejaculation, this problem occurs all or nearly all the time right from the beginning of your first intercourse.
- Secondary premature ejaculation: Secondary or acquired premature ejaculation develops once you have had previous sexual experiences without actually facing the ejaculatory problems in the first place.
Causes of premature ejaculation
The exact cause of this problem hasn’t been established by the doctors as of now. There are many factors which add to the problem of premature ejaculation in men, some of which include:
Psychological causes - include poor body image, depression,early sexual experiences, sexual abuse of any kind, worrying too much about premature ejaculation, a guilty feeling which increases your tendency to rush through sexual encounters, etc. Other factors which add to the problem are erectile dysfunction,anxiety, problems with the relationship with your partner, etc.
Biological causes - include abnormal levels of hormones, abnormal levels of brain chemicals known as neurotransmitters, inherited traits, inflammation or infection in the urethra or prostate, etc.
How to deal with premature ejaculation
The best doctors have laid down the following ways using which you can deal with the problem of premature ejaculation, thereby gaining your confidence back:
- The first thing that you must always consider is to remember that it is not you alone. Lovemaking is all about pleasure and connection that you share with your partner. It might make you feel humiliated when you reach the climax before you want to, however, withdrawing in anger, disgust or shame is much uncalled for. You are not alone responsible for good sex, your partner plays an equal role.
- It is suggested by a number of partners to orgasm quickly. Take the brakes off. Premature ejaculation is caused by two things namely, anxiety and erotic stimulation. When you are prescribed to climax quickly, there is no anxiety left.
- Traditionally, it’s the woman who requires a body rub to warm up the sexual moment, however, a man suffering from premature ejaculation can also use this trick. Spreading the sensations helps to decentralize the obsession and anxiety about sexual performance. Thus, you will end up focusing more on your pleasure.
- Get in touch with your doctor and seek sex therapy to learn about the causes, reasons, and the treatment and solution of premature ejaculation. Your conversation with the doctor can be very helpful.
- A good medical intervention by a sexologist can also help you treat the problem.
The problem of premature ejaculation is a difficult one, however, it always comes with solutions to feel you good about yourself.