Winters are all set to say goodbye soon. As summertime brings many outdoor activities, it is important to stay safe while having fun in the sun.
Tips to help you make the most of the season:
- Drink more of water and stay well hydrated. Drinking water is extremely important as it help re-hydrate your body and helps it function better.
- Eat healthy. Maintain your proper diet and eat seasonal fruits and vegetables regularly. Eat foods that are cooling and light (fresh fruits, vegetable juices, raw vital salads, and lots of water) will nourish your body for outdoor activities. Follow a light diet with summer veggies like squash, bottle gourd, cucumber, etc.
- Load up on more body cooling foods and more hydrating foods that will help your keep going in this heat. Include watermelon, coconut water, cucumber, mint, fennel seeds, herbal tea, etc.
- Eat small frequent meals a day instead of having heavy meal at one time as during summer it takes longer for the stomach to digest food plus the hot weather does not allow you to load up on too many foods. Hence, prefer eating home cooked food and eat lighter meals rather than having heavy ones, especially at night. Never avoid the 1st meal of your day i.e. your breakfast. After appox. 8-hour sleep, so our body needs the energy to start proper body function.
- Avoid eating fried, processed, sugary and junk food.
- Exercise daily and avoid exercising outdoor during the hottest time of the day.
- Protect your skin from rays by applying sunscreen (apply every 2 hours).
- Wear a hat/ scarf, sunglasses and protective clothing (prefer to wear loose cotton and light color clothes during summers).
- Quite smoking.
- Avoid drinking aerated and alcohol beverages.
These healthy diet tips will ensure a happy and healthy you! Happy Summers!