Top Reasons Of Bad Breath
Poor oral hygiene
- Dental problems
(gum disease, cavities, and abscessed teeth)
- Certain foods and drinks like garlic, onions, and coffee
- Tobacco and alcohol products
- Dry mouth
- Sinus conditions
- Throat infections
- Lung infections
- Certain medications and supplements
Many cases of bad breath can be treated at home. Home treatment consists of:
- Practice good hygiene.
- Brush and floss your teeth at least twice a day.
- Avoid tobacco, alcohol and foods that have pungent odours.
- Eat parsley and mint to temporarily mask bad breath
Dental treatment includes removal of any dental infections (cavities, abscesses) by your dentist. Sometimes dentist also recommends antibacterial toothpaste and mouthwash to reduce bacteria that causes odour.