We often associate 'supplements' with steroids, but supplements are simply what we consume to supplement our diet. With the state of our diets, to ensure we get complete nutrition, it can help to use supplements. There are many types of supplements.
Here is the listing of categories:
- Vitamins and Minerals: These are probably the most commonly used supplements. Most of us have had a multi-vitamin or a calcium pill
- Protein Powders: Protein powders are also getting very popular, since many diets do not get enough protein, so these powders can help to supplement those. Good for gaining muscle and burning fat
- Fat Burners/Diet Pills: These supplements help people reduce body fat content, help them control their diets and claim to increase fat burning rates
- Weight Gainers: These are high calorie supplements for quick weight gain- good for those looking to gain muscle and those just looking to fill up :)
- Muscle Builders: These are supplements like Creatine and Amino Acids. These are chemicals that are used by our body to enhance or control certain processes that can speed up muscle building, slow down fat storage, or improve muscle recovery.
This list can go on, but we'll cap it here.