Allergies or Allergy?
It is a hypersensitivity of immune system or conditions in which the immune system react abnormally either to foreign substances or their own body cells.
Causes of Allergies
Main causes of allergies are
2. Environmental factors such as allergen from pollen, animal dander, dust mites, food, drugs, insects, etc.
Most Common types of Allergies
- Drug Allergy: An abnormal reaction of the immune system to a medication.e.g. antibiotics•
- Food Allergy: An unpleasant or dangerous immune system reaction after a certain food is eaten.e.g. milk, gluten, egg, peanuts, etc.
- Contact dermatitis: A skin rash caused by contact with a certain substance.e.g. synthetic clothes, soap, cosmetics, fragrances, jewellery, etc.
- Allergic Asthma: Asthma triggered by exposure to the same substance that triggers allergic symptoms.e.g. damp weather, smoke, winter, sea-shore, etc.
- Hay fever: An allergic response causing itching, watery eyes, sneezing and other similar symptoms.e.g. pollens, dust, etc.
- Animal allergy: An abnormal immune reaction to proteins in an animal’s skin cells, saliva or urine
- Anaphylaxis: A severe, potentially life threatening allergic reaction.e.g. insect stings, food, medicines, antibiotics, shell fish, tree nuts, milk
- Allergy to mold: An abnormal allergic reaction to spores.
- Latex Allergy: An allergic reaction to certain proteins found in natural rubber latex.
Common Signs & Symptoms of Allergies
• Nose – swelling of nasal mucosa (allergic rhinitis), runny nose, sneezing
• Sinuses – Allergic sinusitis
• Eyes – redness and itching of the conjunctiva (allergic conjunctivitis, watery)
• Airways – sneezing, coughing, broncho constriction, wheezing and dyspnoea, sometimes out right attack of asthma, in severe cases airway constricts due to swelling known as laryngeal oedema
• Ears – feeling of fullness, possibly pain and impaired hearing due to lack of Eustachian tube drainage
• Skin – rashes such as eczema and hives (urticaria)
• GI tract – abdominal pain, bloating, vomiting, diarrhoea
Tests for allergy- Skin prick test, Blood test, Patch test.
- Wash up – each time you walk into your home
- Wear a mask
- Eat healthy
- Rinse it out – a nasal rinse cleans, mucus from nose and can ease allergy symptoms.
- Drink more water and juices
- Go natural
- Avoid cigarette smoke
- Know your triggers
Homeopathic Management & Treatment
Homeopathy has a holistic approach considering mind, body & emotions of the patient. Research suggests that homeopathic treatment for allergies is ideal because this type of therapy acts as an immune regulator or immuno booster, possibly regulating or reviving the immune system.
History of long stress is a prime cause & aggravate allergic conditions.Modern medicines contain steroids & antiallergic substances which supresses the allergies for some time but doesn’t cure it from the root. They are more harmful than beneficial. It has drug dependency or no response to the medicines at all, they also have many side effects. Young children are most at the risk.
Home Remedies & preventive measures for allergies
- Exposure to natural, fresh and open air
- Reduce stress by breathing techniques/meditation. It builds your system thus your immunity
- Pure vegan diet helps to build natural immunity
- External natural applications - Butter bus, Aloe Vera juice, Neem oil, Coconut oil, Omega-3 fatty acids
- Also identifying & avoid allergens
Few Homeopathic Remedies commonly used in allergies
Allium. cepa, Ars.alb, Sabadilla, Sambucus, Rhus tox, Nux. v, Nat. m, Euphrasia
Note: Please take doctor’s advice because Homeopathy is holistic, every persons medicine are different though diagnosis is same. Homeopathy builds the immune system & thus cure permanently.