What are the different types of whitening?
Basically, two types of whitenings are available :
1. Regular tooth whitening: the solution that is used to take action by the effect of a chemical reaction amongst the ingredients, hence the penetration is not very deep.
2. LASER tooth whitening: the solutions that are used are activated by LASER light and hence the penetration is much deeper and the effect is much more.
What is the procedure of whitening?
1. The tooth surfaces are thoroughly cleaned with an ultrasonic cleaner equipment and then teeth are polished.
2. After this, the original teeth shade is matched and the shade to be achieved is noted depending on patients requirements.
3. Gum barrier is applied and gums are shielded away from the teeth.
4. Whitening solution is applied to the teeth surface, the solution depends on the type of whitening that is selected.
5. LASER is applied to the teeth once the solution is applied to the teeth.
6. Multiple cycles are done depending on the shade to be achieved.
Who can go for whitening?
Ideally, most of the types of cases that have external types of stains respond best to Tooth Whitening.For internal types of stains, combinations work best, i.e. whitening and veneers.
Who should opt for teeth whitening?
1. Brides and Grooms to be: A perfect smile lights up the wedding pictures, it is best advised them to go for it.
2. Models and people in social dealings
3. Anyone who is conscious about their looks and wants to improve them should go ahead with whitening.
What are the side effects of Whitening?
Usually, there are no side effects of Whitening but it totally depends on the quality solutions used by the doctors and the expertise. Cheap Chinese equipment and materials used are the major culprits. Though sometimes the patient might develop a transient sensitivity that subsides within a week. It is advisable not to compromise on the quality of treatment by using substandard equipment and materials.
How long does the procedure take and how much does it cost?
The procedure usually takes an hour and a half to complete.
Ideally, most of the types of cases that have external types of stains respond best to Tooth Whitening. For internal types of stains, combinations work best, i.e. whitening and veneers.