Feeling of pain sensation while eating or drinking cold, hot, sweet or sour, etc. is called teeth sensitivity. This may also be called as dentine hypersensitivity.
Common causes of teeth sensitivity:
- Hard and aggressive brushing which may wear out the Tooth Enamel.
- High abrasive toothpaste or whitening toothpaste.
- High consumption of acidic food.
- Bruxism- Grinding of teeth.
- Gastroesophageal reflex or hyperacidity.
- Gum recession due to gum diseases.
- Cracked or chipped tooth
- Due to dental decay/caries
- After some dental dental treatments.
- Deposition of excessive plaque.