- Self-stimulation of genital acts as a means of releasing sexual tension in absence of other outlets.
- A variety of disorders from acne to dark circles under the eyes and mental derangement have been wrongly attributed to masturbation.
- The belief that it causes to make the penis smaller and make the man impotent in later years is without foundation.
- The feeling of weakness the day after has no physiological basis.
- Masturbation may be advisable in married men during needs of sickness or separation from the partner.
- Treatment becomes necessary only when the compulsive masturbator prefers it in spite of opportunity for normal sexual intercourse.