- Missing one or more teeth.
- Having trouble with denture and partial denture.
- Unhappy with your bridge.
- Some people have lost one more teeth.
Basic information about dental implant
What is a dental implant?
A dental implant is a titanium post (like a tooth root) that is a surgically positioned into the jaw bone beneath the gum line that allows only your dentist to mount replacement one or more teeth or a bridge into the area.
Parts of an implant
- The implant abutment
- Fixture is embedded in and become fused with the jaw bone.
- It’s the portion that lies below the gum line and can be considered to be an artificial tooth root.
- Fixture can have a hollow or solid and cylindrical or screw shaped design.
The implant abutment
- The abutment portion of a tooth implant is that part that lies at and above the gum line.
- It’s the part that supports and secures the dental work like crown,bridge,denture.
- Nowdays abutments are made of customized as per space in the patient’s mouth.
- For excellent aesthetics, abutment are made of zircon which gives translucency as of natural tooth.