Are you concerned about your heart health?
Remember that the choices you make in your everyday life have direct ramifications on your health, especially your heart.
Yes that's true, Healthy habits make a healthier you.
Tips to help you look after your heart:
- Maintain your healthy / ideal weight. Maintaining a healthy weight can reduce the risk of heart disease and other health problems.
- Eat small frequent meals. And don’t skip any meal in a day. It will help you to control blood sugars, and regulate metabolism.
- Include more of Vegetables and fruits in your diet. Vegetables and fruits are also low in calories, good source of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and rich in dietary fibre.
- Keep healthy eating habits. Choose complex carbs like whole grains, oats, brown rice, etc.
- For protein eat lean protein like lean chicken, nuts, sprouts, skimmed milk, low-fat yogurt, and low dairy products.
- Enjoy healthy fats, avoid unhealthy ones. Healthy fats like omega-3 fats can reduce the risk of heart disease, lower bad cholesterol and increase good cholesterol, sources - walnuts, olive oil, fish, flax seeds, chia seeds etc.
- Add berries like strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, etc. in your diet, it has good amount of antioxidant. Berries can be a satisfying snack or delicious low-calorie dessert.
- Laugh out loud in your daily life. Whether you like watching funny movies or cracking jokes with your friends, laughter will be good for your heart.
- Sleep well.
- Practice good dental hygiene, especially flossing your teeth daily. Dental health is a good indication of overall health, including your heart.
- Choose grilling, lightly stir-fry, baking, steaming, boiling method for cooking. Instead of frying.
- Keep your blood pressure, sugar and cholesterol under control.
- Do not stress. Stay happy and positive. Try yoga.
- Exercise daily. Regular, moderate activity is great four heart. To keep it simple, you can aim for 30 minutes a day.
- Avoid saturated fat and trans-fat like red meat, butter, cream, margarine, etc.
- Limit salt intake. Use spices, herbs, salt-free seasoning blends, etc.
- Avoid aerated drinks, refined food, processed food, sugary, fried and junk food.
- Quit smoking.
- Avoid alcohol and alcoholic beverages.
Remember, you hold the power to maintain your health and take care of your body. Make healthy choices and live a lifestyle that helps your heart stay at its best.