Here are few tips for the busy executives who are constantly on the go and work under stressful conditions:
- Water- Think of water as a food group in your diet.Always carry a bottle of water in your bag to keep yourself hydrated as well as active throughout the day.sometimes we do not realise that we just need a glass of water and instead think that we are hungry, so drinking water frequently will save you from over eating but avoid roadside vendors for juices and unpacked water.
- Breakfast- never miss your breakfast even if you are in a hurry,it should be the heaviest and the healthiest meal of the day as it not only boosts up metabolism but also increase concentration levels and charge your body for the day ahead,moreover it will drag you away from unhealthy eating on the way to your office.
- Avoid eating at late night -responding to official mails and calls may demand your time but that does not make you eligible for snack reward,specially avoid coffee and caffeine containing colas for peaceful and sound sleep.
- Avoid sugary drinks while socialising, read labels carefully and look for latent names of sugar like maple syrup,corn syrup,cane juice,glucose etc.Also avoid processed and prepackaged foods to cut back on salty snacks .sugar and salt are the main culprits for giving us bigger waistlines and therefore threat to our hearts.,Not only this processed food may result in constipation.
Some food suggestions for breakfast:
- Egg whites or low fat cheese
- Multigrain bread or roll
- Fresh fruits
- Tea or coffee with skimmed milk
- Missi roti
Some food suggestions for daily meals:
- Salad with fat free dressing
- Soup veegie broth
- Sandwiches whole grains
- Lean meats like fish n chicken
- Seasonal and regional veggies
- Steamed brown rice
- Dals and pulses - sprouted or cooked
- Avoid desserts or take small portion of it
Some low calorie alternative food:
- Chappati is better than parantha
- Steamed rice is better than pulao
- Replace fried veggies with steamed veggies
- Try grilled chicken rather than butter chicken
- Fried eggs can be replaced with boiled eggs
- Lemon dressing is better than salad oil dressings like mayonnaise
- Fruits instead of fruit juices would be a great choice
- Try butter milk instead of squash
- Replace processed cheese with cottage cheese
Life style modifications:
- Avoid alcohol
- Quit smoking
- Go for medical check ups on regular basis
- Excercise ,at least 5 times a week
- join dance or yoga class
- Keep smiling
- Sleep early to rise early.