Today every individual is suffering from abdominal disorders like reflux, food pipe burning, apthous ulcers in mouth, indigestion, bloatedness, low appetite, etc. Ultimately they end up with stomach ulcers, gastritis and liver problems.
Common cause for all this problems are lifestyle, emotional, psychological and physiological stress, wrong diet plans, pollution and chemical induced in form of foods preservatives and additives.
Indigestion is often neglected and masked with some H2 blockers like pantoprazole drugs which neutralises acidic nature of foods, but results in stomach ulcers, heart burns, fatty liver, and bad digestive health.
Causes of indigestion include over eating, oily foods, spicy foods, stress, fatigue, excessive smoking and drinking, less or no water intake.
Quick tips on how to keep your stomach healthy and relieve from hyperacidity
1. Drink luke warm water after food intake. Especially after heavy meals and fatty food.
2. Start your day with green apple pulp. Steaming it and having it on empty stomach protects mucous membranes of the stomach.
3. Ginger is an excellent remedy for indigestion. It can be munched in slices or taken in tea. Ginget aids in digesting stubborn fat and peps up metabolism.
4. Tulsi or Basil leaves drive away intestinal gases and reduce bloating. Make a paste using 5-6 tulsi leaves, add a pinch of salt, pepper and 2-4 spoons of yoghurt. Eat 2-3 times a day to get relief from hyperacidity.
5. Take one spoon full of ajwain and chew it after heavy meal.
6. Cumin seeds aids in secretion of pancreatic enzymes. Grind them and add the powder to a glass of water as a digestive drink.
7. Baking Soda acts like antacid. Stir half tea spoon baking soda in a glass of water to neutralise acids which is better than regular magnesium antacids syrups available at pharmacies.
8. Always complete your dinner 3 hours before going to bed which reduces your gases and also maintains normal metabolic rate thus avoiding a potbelly.
9. Meditate or do regular physical activity to aid proper organ functions and enzymatic secretions.