Today people from all walks of life are living under more stress - spouse, aging parents, difficult kids, demanding boss. Add to this a never ending and never moving traffic and pollution.
Amidst all this, you are trying to lead a healthy life.
Sometime you get facts, sometimes fiction. And sometimes you don’t know which is which. Here are 8 of the most common ones busted for you.
1. Myth: Eating banana causes weight gain because it has high calorie content.
Fact: On the contrary, it is a very healthy snack, rich in fibre and potassium. Its sweetness comes natural fruit sugar - fructose.
2. Myth: Taking Calcium supplements causes kidney stones.
Fact: Calcium strengthens bones. Growing kids and elderly people need extra calcium supplements in addition to milk and curd.
3. Myth: Drinking milk makes you fat.
Fact: It is a good source of calcium and protein which keeps blood glucose steady. You don’t feel hungry. It is good to drink in breakfast and before sleeping at night.
4. Myth: Juice is a complete health drink.
5. Myth: Weight loss in elderly is a sign of old age.
6. Myth: Diabetes and high blood pressure occurs only in elderly people.
7. Myth: Watching TV before going to bed at night is relaxing.
8. Myth: Early morning sun is beneficial for Vitamin D3 synthesis.
Live healthy, be wise.