As the heat is at peak at this time, What we all need is hydration.
Here are some healthy and cool drinks to beat the heat:
1. Chaas (salted): A lassi with more water than dahi, a low -fat version would include a few tablespoons of skimmed curd topped up with cold water and whisked with salt, black salt, pepper and even can add green chilli and mint.
2. Shikanji: Tasty and easy to access, shikanji is an elevated nimbu pani that includes ginger, cumin and black salt. Filled with electrolytes, this summer staple in the north can cool you down faster than you heated up.
3. Mango Panna: Celebrated for its ability to combat the heat, this drink made from raw green mangoes puts an impressive fight against the loss of salt and iron. It is a source of vitamin C
4. Coconut Water: You may not be able to make this but you may also not be able to stop drinking this. A glass of coconut water a day is just the nourishing coolant the season ordered.
5. Cucumber mint lemon water: As the name suggests, this healthy antioxidants coolant can be made simply by putting wedges of lime, sprigs of mint, slices of cucumber in cold water.
6. Watermelon juice: One of the best summer fruits is watermelon and what's even better is its juice. It is super refreshing and it's hydrating properties help keep your body hydrated and fresh.
7. Barley water: Barley water makes for an ancient remedy for good health. All you need to make this elixir is pearl barley, water, salt, a dash of honey and lemon and you are good to go.
8. Sugarcane juice: Sugarcane juice is used as a natural remedy to a host of problems. It makes for an energy drink and helps build up plasma and body fluids, helping you counter dehydration and dullness. Adding mint leaves to the juice will only help enhance the taste of your summer drinks.