Glowing skin indicates a healthy skin and is a dream for every woman. Our skin is exposed to dust, pollution, sun and harmful UV rays daily making it dull and lifeless. Instead of investing in expensive parlour treatments, invest some time and effort in following a meticulously planned skin care regime which are easy to follow daily.
1. Know your skin: Easily one of the most vital things is to know your skin. Carefully choose beauty products that suit your skin. Do a patch test in your hand before buying any make-up product.
2. Hydration: Keeping yourself hydrated does a world of good not only to your skin but also to your entire body. Water provides the essential nutrients, replenishes the skin, increases the elasticity and flushes out the toxins from our body. Drink at least 8-10 glasses of water every day and include fruits that are rich in water in your diet.
3. Diet: You are what you eat. Load your plates with fresh fruits and vegetables and include adequate amounts of proteins as proteins reduce the water retention and helps in skin tightening.
4. Sleep: This is something you will find in all the skin care tips. At least a sound sleep of 8 hours is highly recommended as the stress caused by inadequate sleep releases a hormone called “Cortisol” which makes our skin oily and more prone to acne.
5. Exercise: Sweating out is one of the best ways to achieve a glowing skin. A regular exercise will reduce the stress, improves the blood circulation and promotes a better skin health.
6. Say hello to sun: Start your day by saying a big hi to the sun but with your sunscreen on. Exposing your skin directly to sun creates long term skin problems such as skin ageing, wrinkles. Apply a good sunscreen that blocks both UVA and UVB rays also make sure the sunscreen does not block the skin pores.
7. Skin Care Regime: Follow a good skin care regime which should consist of cleansing, toning and moisturizing. Exfoliate your skin at least 2 times a week. This will help in removal of dead cells. Remember to remove your make up before hitting the bed. Make up products clog the skin pores not allowing the skin to breathe and causes blemishes or blackheads.