There are foods that you should eat and foods that you shouldn’t eat on an empty stomach. The foods you should never eat empty stomach are bananas, raw cucumbers, carbonated drinks, caffeinated drinks, tomatoes, pears, sweets, and yogurt. But, what are the foods that you should be eating empty stomach to stay healthy? Confused? Don’t be as we are going to answer this question in this article.
- Warm water: Start your day with water, preferably warm. Lukewarm water will help clear your gut and kind of rev your system up for solid food.
- Eat fruits: Fruits like Papaya and watermelon are loaded with antioxidants that impact brain function, fat loss, and lower your risk for cancer. Fruits in general are good to be eaten on an empty stomach. But a word of caution here, eating too many bananas empty stomach is not recommended as this can cause a sharp increase in the levels of magnesium in your blood which is bad for your heart. Citrus fruits like oranges are also not a great idea as they can increase the risk for gastritis and gastric ulcers due to their high fruit acid content. The fruits that are very good for health are kiwi, apple, strawberry, water melon, and guava, apart from papaya.
- Fruit juices: Drink only fresh fruit juice, not the packaged variety. And don’t add sugar to the juice as sugar on an empty stomach boosts up blood sugar levels and this puts a lot of strain on your pancreas.
- Oatmeal: This creates a protective lining around the lining of your stomach which prevents hydroelectric acid from damaging it. It also contains soluble fibre which lowers cholesterol.
- Cornmeal porridge: This is very good breakfast food as it increases satiety and helps in weight loss. It improves intestinal flora in the gut and helps remove toxins and heavy metals from your body.
- Eggs: Eggs are super foods. They contain complete proteins which means they have all the 19 amino acids found in proteins and the good fats that keeps you healthy. Eating 4 whole eggs will give you 24 g of protein and help you reach your recommended dose of protein for a day, without too much fuss.
- Honey: This wonder food wakes up your brain and increases the levels of ‘Serotonin’, the body’s feel good chemical that will keep you feeling happy and energized throughout the day.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!