If you're a regular at the gym or you plan on hitting the gym hard soon, here are 7 ways you can ensure that you get the best output without injuring yourself-
- You need to prepare your body for exercise by going through a warm up period. Performing 5 to 10 minutes of low level aerobics activities will get your blood flowing, increases the temperature of your muscles,and start you breathing faster,all of which help your body adjust to the demands you will be placing on it during exercise. Every workout session should end the same way.
- Never compete with any one. Everyone has got different stamina and limits.
- Over use injuries can occurs when you do the same type of exercise over and over again
- Listen to your body. Stop exercises when you are not well or exhausted.
- Plan to start slowly and boost the activity level slowly.
- Keep yourself hydrated. Take few sips of water during exercise.
- Exercising vigorously in hot, humid conditions can cause serious dehydration. Slow your pace when the temperature rises.