According to Ayurveda, impaired digestion itself is the cause for many diseases. So here are the 7 tips to maintain a healthy stomach:
- Have adequate sleep: 6 to 7 hours of sleep, every night is advisable. Avoid sleeping at day time as it increases Kapha which in turn impairs digestion.
- Drink a cup of hot water in the morning on empty stomach.
- Exercise/ yoga/ brisk walk daily for 30-45 mins is a must
- Consume breakfast prepared with whole grains. Avoid ready to use breakfast cereals and food prepared with white flour. Do not skip your breakfast.
- Restrict your coffee/tea consumption to 2-3 cups per day. Replace it with KASHAYA prepared with coriander seeds and cumin seeds powder if you are already addicted to it. Prefer whole fruits over fruit juices as whole fruits contain more fiber and aid indigestion.
- Maintain your meals' timings. If the digestive juices are secreted in your stomach on time, they will digest the food properly. See that you eat a variety of veggies daily so that you don't miss out on any micro-nutrients. Consuming buttermilk at the end of every meal is a very good habit.
- Lastly, observe your mind. Anger, hatred, jealousy and lust can easily put your mind and body in stress which in turn can impact on your digestion too.