Cleansing your lungs will speed up your body's natural healing abilities as well as reduce the risk of respiratory ailments. Here are a few natural ways of keeping our lungs healthy:
- Pranayam- Breathing exercises like kapalbhati helps clear mucus from lungs and improves lung capacity
- Abhyanga- Massaging your chest and back with mustard oil or sesame oil will loosen lung toxins. In case of cough and cold one can heat the oil with garlic cloves and ajwain. It works wonders specially in kids.
- Steam Inhalation- This involves inhaling water vapors to open airways and help the lungs drain mucus. This provides immediate relief and help people breathe easily.
- Herbal Tea- Add Ginger,Tulsa,cloves to a cup of water and boil. Sip it like tea. This loosens and drains lung toxins.
- Carrot juice- It acts as an antioxidant and reduces lung inflammation. carrot juice builds immunity of our body and helps to fight against all viruses
- Ayurveda Herbs- Amla also called Indian gooseberry is highly rich source of vitamin c, Holy Basil or Tulsa, Manjistha (glycyrrhiza glabra) acts as anti-inflammatory and antioxidants and gives immunity to our respiratory system.Add the above to your daily routine to healthy, immune and detoxified lungs.