Studies done in dental clinic in nagpur show that gum recession can be found in people with both good and poor oral hygiene, leading to the conclusion that gum recession is multifactorial, with one type being associated with anatomical factors and another type being associated with physiological or pathological factors. Here are a few tried and tested methods that can help cure your problem of receding gums:
1. Green Tea - The anti-inflammatory properties of green tea will help reduce the swelling of gums that obstruct the proper healing of the gums and oral diseases.
2. Aloe Vera - Use aloe vera gel for brushing.
3. Oil Pulling - One of the most effective traditional methods for various dental diseases, oil pulling is believed to help reverse gum recession as well. Oils like sesame oil and coconut oil.
4. Eucalyptus Oil
5. Myrrh - Myrrh is a resin obtained from the myrrh tree. It has been used traditionally for treating many gum and oral diseases. Myrrh too is believed to stop gum recession as well as prevent further gum damage.
6. Clove Oil - Clove oil has excellent disinfectant properties and has long been used to treat many oral diseases.
NOTE: Dentist always suggest to shake the mouthwash well before using. Do not use tap water. Use filtered, bottled, distilled, or mineral water instead of tap water.